7 Best ASP.Net Web Hosting for Windows
ASP.NET is a programming language or more accurately an open-source server-side web application framework. If you’re looking for a great ASP.NET web host, then you might have a complex application that needs a powerful web host or aim to build one. Perhaps you have a site that uses DotNetNuke, Umbraco or nopCommerce and needs a great ASP.NET host. If that’s the case, this article is for you.
You’ll need a secure Windows server environment Microsoft is continually improving the .NET framework, the latest version is 4.7.2. You’ll need a web host that will support the framework that your app is built-in. Alternatively, you can migrate to the latest version and tweak your app as appropriate. While .NET is backward compatible, some components get updated so using the latest version of the .NET framework is advisable.
The ideal .Net host will have a Windows server, optimized for ASP.NET scripts, be scalable and offered at a great price. That being said, Let’s explore the best Windows ASP.NET hosting options that are currently available.
1.SmarterASP.NET ($2.95/ Month)
BEST FOR – 60-Day Trial (No Credit Card), US and European Small-Medium Businesses
Founded back in 1999, SmarterASP.NET has focused on providing cost-effective solutions for Microsoft ASP.NET hosting for two decades. The parent company is Global Passive System & BusinessICS Intl Limited in the US. If you are looking for a company that specializes in ASP.NET websites then SmarterASP.NET could be the “smart” choice.
If you’re looking to target people in the UK and US then SmarterASP.NET is great, as they have servers in these two locations. SmarterASP.NET also offers an amazing 60-day free trial that doesn’t require a credit card. So you can give them a go and you ‘ve got nothing to lose.
SmarterASP.NET Packages and Pricing
All of the servers come with MSSQL databases, high-quality SSD drives, and security features. Whatsmore, you’ll also get 24/7 support with the free trial, can’t say fairer than that. SmarterASP.NET also has automatic data backups on all of the plans, apart from the free trial. If you are looking to schedule tasks or run Cron Jobs, then you’ll need to select their .NET PREMIUM package.
- W60 60 DAYS Trial (FREE) – 1GB webspace, 1 website, 1 domain name, 10GB bandwidth, 1 FTP account, 1 MSSQL database
- .NET Basic ($2.95/ Month) – unlimited webspace, 1 website, unlimited domain names, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited FTP accounts, 1 MSSQL database
- .NET Advance ($4.95/ Month) – unlimited webspace, 1 website, unlimited domain names, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited FTP accounts, 6 MSSQL database
- .NET Premium ($7.95/ Month) – unlimited webspace, 1 website, unlimited domain names, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited databases
- 60-day free trial (no credit card required)
- Dedicated ASP.NET host
- 24/7 Support
- Unlimited Bandwidth and webspace
- US & European servers only
2. A2 Hosting ($3.70/ Month)
BEST FOR –Blazingly fast ASP.NET Windows shared web hosting
A2 Hosting is a blazingly fast website host that offers Windows hosting. A2 Hosting has been established since 2001 and they have an unheard-of “anytime discount”. For these reasons alone, I feel they deserve the top spot as one of the best Windows ASP.NET hosts out there. You can either go for VPS hosting or shared hosting for your ASP.NET solution.
A2 Hosting Packages and Pricing
When it comes to picking the fastest shared windows hosting provider, then the “Turbo” plan for just $8.14 per month is the best option from A2 Hosting. All of the shared Windows hosting from A2 Hosting has an anytime money-back guarantee and free & easy site transfer. Their three Windows shared hosting packages are as follows:
- Lite ($3.70/ month) – 1 website, 5 databases, unlimited storage, unlimited transfer, Plesk Onyx 17.8 Control Panel and free SSL & SSD
- Swift ($4.44/month) – Unlimited Websites, Unlimited Databases, Storage, Transfer, Plesk Onyx 17.8 Control Panel, Free SSL & SSD
- Turbo ($8.14/month) – Unlimited Websites, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Storage, Unlimited Transfer, Plesk Onyx 17.8 Control Panel, Free SSL & SSD, Turbo (Up To 20X Faster), A2 Site Accelerator
- 24/7 live chat
- 99.92% uptime
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free SSL
- Anytime money-back guarantee
- High renewal rates
- No Turbo on the lower plans
3. Bisend ($3.95/ Month)
BEST FOR – Managed hosting for small to medium-sized businesses serving the US or Hong Kong
Bisend was founded in 2011 and is owned by Light Red Tech Co Ltd, a UK based company. Bisend is a company that specializes in ASP.NET hosting, as the name suggests. They have invested in powerful solid-state drives (SSD) shared and VPS hosting packages. You get the leading industry-standard control panel for Windows – “Plesk” when you choose Bisend. Bisend has servers in both the US and Hong Kong. They offer a ready-code environment so that you can get coding as soon as you purchase a server from them. They also have their servers built with the latest Microsoft Windows technology.
Bisend Windows ASP.NET Packages and Prices
Bisend offers a free domain name for the first year and free SSL certificates. You can choose from their US of Hong Kong server locations.
- Standard ($3.95/ Month) – 1 website, 10GB SSD Disk Space, 50GB Bandwidth, 50 Email Accounts, Site Memory: 256MB, 2GB Database
- Pro ($5.95 / Month) – 5 websites, Unlimited SSD Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, 100 Email Accounts, 2x faster than the “Standard hosting” Site Memory: 512MB, 4GB Database
- Business ($13.95 / Month) – Unlimited Websites, Unlimited SSD Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts – 4x faster than Pro plan, Site Memory: 768MB, 8GB Database
- US and Hong Kong servers only
- New hosting company
4. WinHost ($3.95/ Month)
Best for – Premium Windows Hosting Specialist, one-click app installation
WinHost specializes in premium Windows hosting. They offer one-click installation for ASP.NET applications like nopCommerce and DotNetNuke. They support Windows 2016-2018 hosting and ASP.NET core hosting as well as just about every type of .net hosting you could want. They also offer free website migration so that you can minimize downtime if you want to port your website over to WinHost.
WinHost Packages and Pricing
Winhost offers four plans that get cheaper if you sign up for their 2-year package. SiteLock security is an add-on for the lower two plans ($19.95 /yr) but free for the higher two plans. The prices increase by the number of FTP users that you need.
- Basic Plan ($3.95/month) – 3GB disk space, 50GB bandwidth, 10 FTP users
- Max Plan ($7.95/ month) – Unlimited disk space and bandwidth, 30 FTP users
- Ultimate Plan ($15.95 /Month) – Unlimited disk space and bandwidth, 100 FTP users
- Power Plan ($39.95 /Month) – Unlimited disk space and bandwidth, 250 FTP users
- 24/7 Support
- 99.9% uptime
- One-click app installer
- SiteLock Security isn’t free on Basic and Max plans
5. HostGator ($4.60/ Month)
BEST FOR – Personal or small business hosting
HostGator was founded back in 2002 and is now a household name in the hosting space. HostGator is an award-winning website host and is one of the leading hosting providers that is most popular for its reseller hosting packages. As with most hosts, the longer you sign up with HostGator, the cheaper your hosting will be. You can get either shared, VPS or dedicated server hosting packages for Windows. To keep things simple we are just looking at the “shared” Windows hosting for now.
HostGator Packages and Pricing
Hostgator offers two Windows hosting packages for you to host your ASP.net website, both offer unmetered disk space and bandwidth, as well as free SSL certificates. You also benefit from the Parallels Plesk Panel and MSSQL. The packages they offer are as follows:
- Personal Plan ($4.76/month)– 1 domain, unmetered disk space, unmetered bandwidth, FREE SSL website security certificate
- Enterprise Plan ($14.36/month) – 5 domains, unmetered disk space, unmetered bandwidth, FREE SSL website security certificate, FREE dedicated IP
- 24/7/365 customer support
- 99.9% uptime-guarantee
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Reputable host
- Higher pricing
6. DiscountASP.NET ($10/Month)
BEST FOR – Certificated Microsoft Golden partner, FREE domain name
Another dedicated ASP.NET website host that is a certificated Microsoft Golden partner and offers data centers in the US an Europe/ UK is DiscountASP.NET. DiscountASP.NET was founded back in 2003 and offers 24/7/365 support. They support all of the latest Microsoft updates. They also offer a free domain name and they are fully licensed under the Microsoft’s Service Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA) Program. Despite being called “Discount”ASP.net, they are one of the more expensive providers on this list.
ASP.NET Packages and Pricing
Unlike most other hosts on this list, ASP.NET offers just one ASP.NET hosting plan. This could be a pro or a con. The plan comes with free months free if you pay upfront for a year. The features offered are as follows:
- Base Web Hosting Plan($10 / Month) – 1000MB disk space, 80GBB monthly data transfer, free website migration, control panel, 500 email addresses
- First 3 months FREE
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expert support
- Charge for MSSQL databases
- Just one package
7. 1&1 IONOS ($1/Month)
BEST FOR –Reliable, cost-effective, feature-rich web hosting
1&1 IONOS is one of the biggest and best web hosting companies in the world. They were founded in 1998 and currently have over 12 million customers. As a well-established web host, you know that you can put your trust in 1&1 IONOS. They also offer 24/7 customer support, should you need to resolve any issues. Although I was tempted to put these guys at the top of the list, they do up their price to $8 after the initial period (6 or 12 months) has expired, so I put them in their relevant “realistic” place on the list. Afterall the article title did say “more than just IONOS”. But realistically – they are fantastic at what they do.
Amazingly all three of IONOS’s Windows plans come in at $1 for at least the first 6 months. The “Business” plan stays at this price for a massive 12 months, which is impressive. Here is an overview of their ASP.NET hosting packages and pricing:
- Business ($1/month for 12 months, then $8 per month) – 1 Website, 100GB storage, 25 MSSQL DBs, 25 email accounts free domain
- Pro ($1/month for 6 months, then $10 per month) – 5 Website, 250GB storage, 100 MSSQL DBs, 100 email accounts free domain, SiteLock malware protection
- Expert ($1/month for 6 months, then $14 per month) – 50 Websites, 500GB storage, 500 MSSQL DBs, 500 email accounts free domain, SiteLock malware protection, Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- 90-Day money-back guarantee
- $1/ Month Start-up deals
- No live chat
The Bottom Line
Windows ASP.NET web hosting differs from Linux hosting by what you can install on the server and the databases you use. It’s important to find a host that offers free MSSQL databases and a Plesk control panel. In this article, we’ve focused on shared Windows hosting but it’s important to note that you can also get dedicated Windows hosting and VPS hosting for Windows. When selecting a host, look for the resources you get for the price you are paying.